About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 11, 2007

Once bitten, twice shy

There are some of us who learn real quick, and then there are others who just don't. I know the whole mumbo-jumbo of giving people another shot, but I certainly don't believe in allowing anyone to take a second shot at me.
As I have always proclaimed, people do not change. You cannot make a rotten apple good, neither should anyone think that there is some goodness in wicked people...if that was so true, why did the goodness not show?
It is because people have choices and unless they can benefit from it, they are not going to budge - that's human nature - and complex as it may seem, it's really quite simple.
We are all born selfish - from the time we are infants - we cry until we are pacified.
When we seemingly 'give' it's because we 'want' something in return. When we do a donation, we expect tax exemption. We work because we want to be paid. We under-declare, because we want to keep whatever we can keep.
The few who give without wanting anything in return, will eventually run out of good nature and decide to be like everyone else, because it's tiring to always be the odd ball out - group dynamics.
If you can be like that, I can be like that too - too familiar a statement, because it probably rang in everyone's mind, at some point or another.
So, we are selfish for ourselves - and if we are not, we will be because one bad deed deserves another - No one likes to be short-changed, so tit for tat.
If I have decided that I do not wish to be involved in any sort of work with a particular person, I mean it and nothing can make me change that. If a person doesn't have work ethics now, she ain't gonna have it - after all, she's been operating her 45 years of life without, so what makes us think she would do half the remaining of her life differently? If she's in business for so long, practising good work ethics, she should have a queue of people wanting to do business with her - so why come back to someone she detests so much to offer a contract?
Why? because she lost the last battle - and she doesn't want to be remembered like that.
I don't spend time undoing things, because you cannot buy back time, neither can you ever undo anything. If you've said it, you cannot take it back, because it has left your mouth.
I don't forgive, and I don't forget but I move on and I take stock - but there will never be even half an opportunity for the incident to repeat itself, because that's what I term 'learning'.

No comments: