About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 12, 2007

Damn if you do, Damn if you don't

The property market has been riding on a skilful hype recently - with a good economy, it's to be expected that with it, all other 'good' things should fall into place, like dominoes.
In my opinion, the acceleration of interest was part real and part created. There were many who got burnt, although this time, the publicity about it was not as dramatic as just before the last crash.
These are the terms that have been flung at me;
"market is running"
"it's a sellers' market"
"it's a developer's market"
"if they bargain, find another buyer, market is running"

You know, if the market is running, then how come I don't feel tired running alongside with it? Its' because the print press is running, not the market per se. I agree that a lot of projects were sold out, even before the launch, BUT as a marketing staff, that is easy - just toggle the timeline.
There are lots of people who are/will be homeless because their home was sold collectively.

Because people in the property market are trying to go with the flow, no one is interested to look at the real situation.
If we absorb a $2k price difference today, my bosses will say, why bother, go find another buyer.
I'm not really party to this, since it's not my deal - but I think we should not generalise offers, as how we react should depend upon the property concerned.

If we bridge the gap, we are seemingly having a $2K share in the unit. (what we would have done 2 years ago)
If we don't, then we loose the deal entirely

We are not having offers on queue - the market is moving, but it's not like this is the last unit on the island!

So, damn if we do, damn if we don't.
$2K isn't alot - one trip to BKK costs far more than that.

No comments: