About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 04, 2007

Being a Great Shopper

What constitutes a 'great shopper'? My colleague would say, someone who buys without much thought - like what most of us do during lunch hour. OR, someone else would say, a person who buys whether you need that item or not. OR a person who buys, simply because it's cheap.
I'm none of the above.
I do not buy because I need it.
I do not buy because it's cheap.
I shop for something that is worth the money I'm parting with - provided it's an item that has it's uses.
If I buy a blouse, it's because I can use it - not because I need another - but if it's too costly, I will pass it up.
If I buy a Mont Blanc pen, it's because I had it on my 'wish' list and I can afford to pay for it, but never at the listed price - I will still look for a good discount.
That is me.
I have a collection of Buffel bags, but I will always look for one more - at the right price - not the imitation, never imitations. It's so thoughtless and unclassy. I know of some people who would go to BKK and buy imitations. It's as good as stealing another person's creation.
So, I am not a typical shopper.
BKK was great for me, because I picked up a couple of decent clothes for dress down day. I scrutinised bags that looked almost like the real thing, but I have yet to bring myself to carry one. Imagine carrying a fake - what does that tell about you?
For me, being a great shopper means, buying the correct thing at the correct price. I do not spend hours here, breezing in and out of stores - I only do it outstation....where time is in my hands! Being a great shopper also means, having the luxury of time to think, compare and decide.

No comments: