About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 19, 2007

a matter of ethics?

I was at my clients place, supervising some repair work, when an agent friend brought another agent and her buyer to view the unit. I never communicated with the buyer. The agents were negotiating with me, but they couldn't bring the buyer close enough to my base price.
2 days later, i received a call from a buyer who informed me that he came to know I was selling the unit.
After another 4 days - we settled the price.

I know it's the same buyer - because I have dealt with him years ago with another agent.

Honesty would have me at least pay an agent a referral fee at least.
BUT looking at the situation, I don't really have to since I didn't call the buyer. The buyer went to lengths to locate my number.
My boss thinks there is no referral fee required.

Is this really a matter of ethics?
I think so, because this industry is already loaded with jokers, we need some level of professionalism.

No comments: