About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 13, 2007

Tremors or what?

This morning was the first time I felt Tremors. I was having a coffee before going up to the building. As if it crept up on me, I felt dizzy. When that happens, most people would think, we are probably not well - I did that too for a bit. I uncrossed my legs, watched my coffee cup and then my mind stopped swaying. The entire body didn't sway, just the vision.
Only then, did I realise it was Tremors, and not me being ill - which was a relief, since I had a string of appointments today.
Someone sitting behind me had a call, supposedly from his colleague, who told him the water tank shook! I was relieved it wasn't my over active imagination.
Then I walked to my office building only to find everyone at the ground floor!
The last time this happened i.e. building evacuation, I was out of the office.
At least it was a tiny experience for me....
I didn't bother to wait downstairs - went up to the 18th floor, and our receptionist told me, the plants were swaying minutes ago. Walked into my department's area and found some of my colleagues still at their desks. How typically Singaporean is that?
We are so confident in our Building Authority and their guidelines that we choose to continue working in a high-rise with a shaky ground! I don't know if that's KUDOs or not.

No comments: