About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 20, 2007

Men+Bulges doesn't = bonus

It's not that all men behave badly when their ego is bruised, but most. Working in a male dominated environment has proved that to be true, time and time again.
Take JC, a 41 year old agent, who joined us with aspirations to be a staff member. He put his dreams so far ahead of Decency that he started having disagreements with the rest of the team, male & female members. Because he was so focused on realising his dream, he forgot that in sales, targets are everything. When others began to outshine him in performance, he started to feel bitter and that was when he practised his brand of politics - by making snide remarks about others to the male permanent staff members.
I did one thing better than him - I asked him out for a meeting and offered him a face-saving way out of this - quit.
He had the cheek to ask me to ask my boss, if he could join the ad-hoc team as an agent. I simply told him that once out, there is no way onto the other boat. He claimed that it was unfair.
How was that unfair? If one cannot deliver the results on this side, it would be the same on the other side. BUT then, I remember that his ego has been bruised, so he thought jumping to the other side of the fence would save him face. So I responded in that, when people leave, they leave, because there is such a thing as saving face.
Of course he's not going to admit that he failed to perform.
Of course it's because I am a woman and it's difficult to work with me.
Of course he's the one who gets on with everyone else.
Of course he told a male colleague that "looks like you & me are no longer her blue-eyed boy".

What I'm trying to figure out is, since when were they my blue-eyed boys?
Gosh, talk about the male ego gone wrong!

That's the weakness of men.
Slam them and it's because we are women, NEVER because we are doing a better job.
Perhaps 2 extra danglings and a phallus makes them think they can stick it to anyone - well, wrong person.
I would rather live with a dildo than a man who thinks that the bulge they have is bonus.
For me, bonuses comes in DOLLARS, everything else is a problem.

No comments: