About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 05, 2007

shattered glasses

My lecturer told my Psych class before that Psychologists look at the world with rose-tinted glasses. Many times I have wondered if that is true.

If anything at all, I have grown to be a person who saw the world through shattered glass, not rose-tinted. Perhaps a lot had to do with our childhood, our lives in the past.

If I ever had to describe myself, the adjective 'happy' would never be used. I have reached ground zero, where I exist and just draw energy from everywhere else. Thinking deeper, I have never been 'happy' to a point where I would recollect that moment, now and then.

I have a lot to be thankful for, like the success in my work and whatever I undertake. That doesn't come without minor 'heart attacks' but perhaps that's what drives me to wake up each day and bask in the sunshine. If I go along the same lines as my lecturer, we all know that Psych majors are a wreck - the better, the more screwed up.

Of course, no one knows that - because as we have been trained to patch up a situation, we use the same tools to ignore ours - and we do a damn good job too.

So, if there was a rose-tinted pair of glasses, I'm sure none was assigned to me when I graduated.

No comments: