About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 25, 2007

White

White has never been my favourite colour for walls in the house. I always felt that it was too bright - had no character - too common a colour. Of course, we know that white is no longer just white. There is bluebell white, lily white and so on....I picked one with a slight tinge of yellow. A bit whiter than magnolia, which was my initial choice.
It's that time of the year when I do stock taking of my life and start major moves...yes, it's THE BIRTHDAY season. I've always been a bit strange - people paint walls before christmas or the new year, but I do it during my birthday season. Perhaps, I have chosen white this year because my life is so rushed and busy that I need good 'headlamps', lest I start walking into walls.
I think white is a high maintenance colour - but after orange, yellow, and powder blue - white may just be it. I have too many wooden furniture and colourful rugs that need some balance. Right now my home is cosy, dim lights - all warm white, but having painted one major wall white, the change is really surprising. Perhaps, white would just be ordinary, if there isn't anything more interesting on the floor - my floors & skirting are parquet which probably helps a great deal to balance the colour.
This weekend, it's off to the shops for fresh rugs - plain ones too - somehow, I think I need simplicity in all this madness - I would love a white rug - but hell, with 2 black cats and one green parrot - I better pass on the white rug - that is experience talking!

No comments: