About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 08, 2008

getting right down to it

There are times we can actually put all our attention into reading and there are other times when its' almost impossible. As recent as 1999, I could sit for hours at home or in the library just to make sure I finish my readings - Now, some 9 years later, it's like a curse. When I'm reading, my phone would go off - if not, I have to rush for an appointment so better not try to get too involved in reading, lest I run late. Perhaps I had help then, my househelp who has since returned to the Philippines to get married. Her kid is at least 6 years old now and starting school - LIKE ME!
And so people wonder why I even bother to do a postgrad program when I have too many things moving around me, like meteors and comets, waiting to crash land somewhere on my tired body.
I need some intellectual stimulation - I need my brain cells to be fired up - but oh, the batteries are so flat, I need to be in the sahara to get them charged up.
I'm sure many working adults who are as mad as I am, feel the same way - the fortunate some, will have some form of support - but for me, it's solo season - have always been. The main difference is, I have an academic reputation to maintain - see, it doesn't always pay to be on this roll and that roll because the expectations just too much - and even if the whole world doesn't care, I do and it matters to me - my academic ego.
Is there such a thing - YES THERE IS.
It's not about having to pay so much - so let's balance that with super grades - it's me.
So, let me end this blog, before I loose another precious few minutes of brain food.

No comments: