About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 12, 2008

taking on more

It has finally dawned on me that it's difficult to actually find enough time to do a decent read. When I was working 9 - 6pm, it was impossible to even try an indecent read. Now that time is technically my own, it's not any easier, because I'm technically still working, just that I don't have a fix work-time. On top of all that, there are my household commitments, which is never-ending. Busy enough as I am, I still don't feel too busy to take on 'projects' because this morning, I committed to do a 'project' part-time in the social services (0f course), refusing their offer of full time.
I really don't know what's the deal with me - that would mean extra commitment of my day's time - yet I didn't say no.
To be honest, I started reading this module late in the semester - trying to get used to the portal and all that - not really understanding the dynamics of it and where the uni posts stuff for us. It took us a good 5 weeks before we understood what was where. Next semester should be easier, since I got past that portal and have even found my reading list already. So perhaps that would bail me out a little, leaving me time to pack in 'little projects'.
It's great to keep busy - because it keeps our minds busy with tasks and challenges to meet.
I've finished most of what I have to read, and I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of the material - this may be one MCQ that I'm actually prepared for - yet it's not going to return me an A because I'm not error-free in my judgement of what's the more correct statement in a choice. It's dicey sometimes, play of words.
I should be happy that I got this much of data digested in a short time - but if this is not enough then next semester will have to be excellent to ensure I keep my academic record on track. Maybe I just need to be a little busier to get my competitive nature going - so I'm going to take on the extra task...that is crazy but then, I was never known to be anything other than that.

No comments: