About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 13, 2008

people can be so strange

I think there are some people who just cannot adjust to the fact that there are people like me, who will just cut to the chase, get to the point with no empathy, if that means setting things right. To compound it, I have no confidence issues, no matter who I am speaking to - because if you know your stuff, what is the worry.

Today, I realise that I have almost totally reverted to my person, before my marketing stint. When I first walked into this industry, after years in social services, it was difficult. My first boss used to tell me....'you are not in social services' - because in marketing, everything had a price. It was my mantra for almost a year. Now, some 6/7 years later, I struggled to convert that thinking to align it with my academic major. I started this post-grad program lost - worse than trying to understand the LOST series.

A week of continuous reading must have really screwed my brains back in the correct alignment because of the non-verbal cues I picked up at a meeting. Strange thing is, this person seemed so insecure that I was wondering why he hasn't seen a shrink yet. He has so many unresolved issues within himself that looking and talking to me, probably brought that out.

I thought it over and felt that I will always be a misfit for some people - until my classmate called. That saved my day - same kind - no problems in relating stuff - no hang ups - just friends having a conversation - no need to tolerate another person's insecurity - i could be me.

AND so, we should remember that whatever the GPA, we are still regular people, who put in a lot of work to get ourselves labelled. A grade is a grade, it's nothing more than a ticket to another paper chase of our choosing. BUT we are still people who can function outside the text.

No comments: