About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 16, 2008

remodelling

It's one day before my dreaded exams, after too many years and I'm pretty messed up. I do not detest exams, in fact I don't have any adverse reactions about it. Generally, I prepare well for exams although that doesn't correlate directly with the eventual grade - but I have usually been accurate in my expectations based on how much of work i have put in.

This time around, there are just too many variables for me to manage this added stress. I have a teenager who tries to escape doing his revision when I get caught up with my reading. I have housework that doesn't get done because the expectation is for me to do them, since I'm not employed full-time. Not that there is anyone else in my household that works to contribute to the household income.

Therefore, I guess it's understandable that I'm pretty much disheveled and upset - no one else to blame but myself, since I put myself in this situation. Yes, that's an example of a high internal locus of control - so I shall very soon attempt to set this right - once I clear my paper tomorrow.

The worse thing about being a person is when you know what's wrong but you also know that fixing it is similar to giving the house an entire remodel - which may take months, years to complete - and so, to actually decide on a start-date is quite tricky.

I know it's 'cleaning house' time, and clean the house I shall.
I shall draw out plans tomorrow, after my 3-hour paper.

2 comments:

UptownGal said...

All the best for your exam!!!

KATRINE said...

thanks....it was manageable...