About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 02, 2008

A word, is a word

It's interesting to actually observe people, when it comes to sharing of money.
If a group makes an agreement to share some income, then it's only right for the income to be shared when it has been collected. No matter what happens after that agreement, it has to be honoured, after all, that's the reason for coming to any alliance.
I had a first hand encounter with someone who agreed then and after collection, decided that he didn't want to share, since that was some time ago. That irked me.
It's not that I had a share there, it was the 3 other people who did.

I felt that it was not gentlemanly. I felt that it was a matter of principle.
I blew my fuse.

Once such an agreement has been reached - it's wrong to backtrack, it's wrong to plea disagreement and basically, it tells on what kind of a lowlife you really are.

I know, the economy has gone downhill, but when we do that, we show that we are selfish and not a person who's word can be taken as the truth.

I basically told him that that deal was worth a hundred dollars or so to his colleagues and if he was going to shortchange them for such a small amount, then it would certainly be tough to include him in deals where the share runs into thousands, isn't it?

I didn't allow him to tell me otherwise, I just informed him that I expect the monies to be distributed to the rest; period.
We should honour our word. That's what makes us people with conscience and people with integrity. For those who don't believe in that, there's always karma, which when it catches up, isn't a pretty sight.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Did u change your blog layout or is my browser just displaying it differently?