About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 14, 2009

1,2 and what if it's 3

I have been going back to basics and back reading. I felt that sometimes, when we feel stuck, we should go back to basics - recover, refresh and perhaps it will orientate writing.

It started when I was trying to find a term - for weeks, I couldn't remember the word in psych jargon. It wasn't important even for my paper, but somewhere whilst mind-mapping, I couldn't bridge 2 roads because this word just vanished from my memory bank.
When it did sort of return, I wasn't even sure if it was the correct term - which meant, I had to go back to reading, not just reading one text, but a lot of it, since I couldn't recall, which part of Psych it came from.

Perhaps that's how things should be - back to basics. It's from the basics that gives us the foundation to read further and understand deeper. Yet, the word I was searching for wasn't even this serious - it was a very very basic psych term. That could mean either of 2 things:

FIRST
I have 'left' Psych for too long and my brains are wired for business now.

SECOND
There never really was a term.

I am still believing that it's the FIRST reason, yet as I plough the textbooks, I'm beginning to think it's the SECOND.

Until I find it, I will assume it's the FIRST and if it turns out to the be SECOND, then I think a THIRD reason will be more appropriate.

THIRD
I'm so lacking in confidence to do a good paper that I am sure it's my fault, no matter what.

No comments: