About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 06, 2009

Mountain tortoise in a slick city

We are definately at the home stretch. I was just looking into my organiser and realised just how fast November is going past. It may seem like it's just the 6th of November, just a week into the month, but as I'm booking appts over the next 2 weeks, it's really not looking like November would last for too long.

When time flies, we grumble - when time is sluggish, we grumble.
It seems like time can never be totally tuned to our current comfort level.

I need some time to organise my data, and I'm beginning to realise that I'm fast running out of it, because I'm working every day. Work is always good and we should never complain, but this last lap is really testing. Although I would like to be diligent and keep writing daily, it's impossible after a long day of negotiations, floodings and pacifying people. My brains are too tired and I'm only good for replying emails and updating this blog - afterwhich it's time to unwind with my MIO TV serials.

It's correct to say, that graduate school and work, just don't work out that well. It's not that I'm going to give up, I'm not - it's just that the kind of work I am engaged in, requires a lot of thinking, talking, putting things into the correct perspective and being tactful but accurate in the delivery.

I'm not unhappy just brain dead. It's been a long, hard, 3 weeks, talking to some people who are just not well-bred, people who are penny-pinching, people who have not been taught decent manners and those who take me for granted.
Everything concluded today well - so it's worth it, or is it?

It's definitely worthwhile economically, but psychologically, perhaps a bit too much of an overkill. When I am faced with such people, it's an auto-response for me to immediately figure out what's bugging them and why they are behaving in such a 'bad' way. I automatically analyse them and usually what I find isn't kosher, which IS the reason I had to bear the brunt of what I find to be either immature, insecure or put simply, a mountain tortoise trying to look slick on a city sidewalk.

People need to start accepting themselves with their limitations and stop trying to impress other people - it does nothing except make themselves look like a wasted silly person who's drunk on another persona - like wearing a shoe 2 sizes too large or squeezing your foot into a pair of shoes 2 sizes smaller. Or better still, put a Jaguar emblem on your non-Jaguar car.

If you're a mountain tortoise (sua-koo) and you openly acknowledge it, people will tend to be more helpful and less critical.

Just be yourself, there is nothing wrong with that.






No comments: