About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 19, 2009

Is time money?

Things never work out the way we hope - even in something as simple as scheduling - there is always something that is more important than we have planned, either penned or kept in mind.

For the past weeks, I have been extremely busy with work, leaving me time in the evening to just unwind and breathe. Even as a multi-tasker, I need breathing time before jumping into a non-work related task like study. Work can pack itself in like sardines and it wouldn't affect me one bit because my work life has always been 'on the feet' kind of thing - it doesn't matter if it's in social services or business environment - this kind of work gets itself attracted to me.

Perhaps that's just how I have lived my life so much so, whether conscious or not, i have built my career and interest only in fields requiring intensity - failing which I would probably change jobs. I have not discounted that thought, because it's not possible to always be in a rush by default.

People, business people always say TIME IS MONEY - and for that reason we make TIME valuable by adding stuff to the second. If this has been drummed into my head from my early 20s, it's no wonder I am not able to even have a vacation without dreaming of work.

I am not a real Type A personality - I may have some traits but I am sure, I am not a true type A which is why it bothers me when I'm getting too anxious sometimes like Type As. I was probably born a Type B but got bulldozed into the A classification because TIME IS MONEY.
Perhaps I'll just do an assessment and see what the result says.

There has to be more to me than a perpetual rush.
There must be some hope for me, if I ever want to be able to stop and smell the roses for a second.

No comments: