About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 01, 2009

A sick mind

When we decide that a relationship is unbalanced and cruising on being parasitic in whichever area - we need to act immediately and end it - unless of course, we are content with being a doormat, always being trampled upon. For the many who believe that people do change and that we should be giving one second chance after another, and even when we hit the 100th milestone, the 101st attempt will be another second chance, let me burst your bubble and tell you that people cannot and do not change.

I started my sunday in a fit of anger because the person whom I was married to for 17 years, came into my room, took my bath towel and used it. When I confronted him, his reply was that the freshly laundered towels were not around, when in actual fact, it was in plain view - on the dining table for the respective owners to take it to their own wardrobes. Now, if we want to construct a lie, we should get the facts correct. I then asked, how so, when he dumped his stuff next to a pile of laundered linen which was in the same laundry cycle as the towels - to which he claimed that it wasn't there - implying that the fresh towels just appeared as I was having my first cup of coffee. Never mind that, he had to take my towel from my bathroom, since that was my recently laundered towel - I colour code the bath towels, just so it doesn't get mixed up.

Of course the argument went on and he started changing his story at every turn that he could - which didn't make things better, but just provided me an opportunity to relate to him why he is a failure at being a person - the reason : he tries to get away from being incorrect by saying he doesn't remember and that he would remember if it happened the way I said it did.

So I did him in. I have had enough of constant lies and forgetfulness. We may share a common living space, but my bedroom is my bedroom and no one has access or should access that space even if they were looking for GOD, without my permission. He is the lamest person I have ever come across and because I am no longer married to him, it makes it so much easier for me to rock the boat and watch it sink to the bottom of the deep blue sea. No qualms.

For years, I had to put up with all this - because I didn't want to create animosity just so my son will not be affected. Finally, I have the freedom to do so and it will be of no surprise to anyone present, simply because the reasons he was dumped was made known to my son very clearly.

I know a lot of my friends think I'm courting a cardiac arrest by allowing him to live here - I think that I will not want to be the one who puts a homeless person on the street - but I will not tolerate him trying to bully me just because I'm nice. I'm not nice - I can put up with inconveniences but it will run according to my rules. If he thinks he can slip up and get away with it, then he's very wrong - I do not tolerate slip ups of either Freudian or other natures.

I spelt it out clearly for him. I am not his wife to push around and even if I still were, it doesn't give him the right to do that either. It may be a small thing, using my towel, but to me, it's not because it's my towel and if I thought someone needed to use it, I would offer it, but I won't know unless someone asked me for one, which didn't happen. So I rest my case.

All because of a towel?
Actually no.
It's all because he could not be honest enough to say that he came into my room, into my bathroom, when I was asleep, to take the towel from my bathroom shelf when his freshly laundered towels were on the dining table. Sick? yes, very.

No comments: