About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 12, 2009

Just Trust

Someone asked me if it's possible for 'regular' professionals like us, to trade ourselves for extra cash and if the idea is appalling.

Well, I do not find the age-old profession of body-trading appalling, in fact I find it very lucrative and I do understand why some are compelled to do so - but when we have other options and an otherwise a decent life, why compete with others, who probably have a more valid reason to do so.

When we are in a relationship, it's important to stay true to each other. When we do that, we are able to figure out what's wrong in that relationship and make the correct decision to rectify our discomfort or dissatisfaction. Forget about the male having an ego and will not be able to handle his woman sleeping around - think about what that will do to us, at the deepest level. We will not be able, henceforth, to look at the relationship squarely and say we didn't contribute to it's failure, because the minute we two-time, we give up our right to expect better.

For the many uncompromising traits that I have - the one thing I can say is, I'm a one man woman - I do not start hunting until I have cooked, eaten and spat out the bones of my last dish. It doesn't mean that I am faithful - it's got nothing to do with that - it's about fidelity - it's got nothing to do with taking an oath but sincerity to the person I am committed to, either legally or not.

Commitment to me, is about the physical relationship.
Nothing else matters - a guy could send me a zillion emails or take me out for too many lunches - but he would not be able to cross that line.
A guy could be my very good friend, but he would not be able to get me out to a dinner date - lunch is as good as it gets.
These are boundaries I set for myself - because I am volatile and need markers to let me know where I am, with my current commitment.

As a teacher wrote on my testimonial - I'm conscientious, diligent - she's right.
If I could pass a marker, then I know my current relationship is in trouble and if that is not alarming enough and I move toward the next marker, then I know it's best the current relationship ended.

There isn't a better person for us, but there is a better fit for us.
No one is perfect and no relationship can be perfect. The flaws would either bother us, or allow us to compromise. If it's neither, then our markers will not be within reach.

Nothing wrong with sleeping around - if we like to think of ourselves as commodities which could be bought at anyone's whims. I may be many things, but whoever I'm seeing, will always be assured that he is the only one - even when i don't see him often and we do not have a relationship that is spelt out - it's not necessary just to label something, because the socially requires it to be.
It's enough for me to know and enough for him to know.
THAT is being in a relationship. Not marriage or engagement. Just trust.

No comments: