About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 05, 2009

Fresh Tree, fresh start

The end of the year brings joy for some, sadness for some and hope for others. We would like it to be a time for cheers and smiles - but in reality it's not the same for everyone.
As November inched forward, I remember being anxious that we are at the closing stages of 2009. It's tough to think so far ahead, especially when I'm not done crossing my crossroads yet. What I did, was to take a detoured route on the road I was on, which leads me back to the junction - I'm not sure if that is a longer or shorter detour, which doesn't matter, since I have gone past the initial crossing and now have stopped briefly to think - not all the alternative roads are visible yet - but some are.

This year, if I decide to put up a christmas tree, I may choose to get a new one - or a fresh tree - something I always wanted, but never got, because it wasn't practical - the fresh tree will shed and although my cats will have a field day, it will require extra housekeeping. Perhaps a fresh tree could mean a fresh start - and the wilting tree will remind me that if the race gets tired, then we can always choose to start fresh again - next christmas, with another fresh tree. Perhaps that's how christmas trees should be - not re-used.

Never thought about it that way, but it's never too late.
I need change - change is good - and the upside of a fresh tree is, you don't have to re-pack it into the box - you just throw it away - one less box to manage.
Imagine the fragrance of fresh pine - it's like waking up on the mountainside each day.

Since I don't make resolutions, the fresh tree will be symbolic - something that will mark the change that I have made in 2009, a change to give myself more respect so that I sleep better, work better and think better.

No comments: