About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 24, 2009

The fresh tree arrives


The saga of the FRESH TREE FRESH START began today, the 24th of November.

I saw banners from last weekend selling the Noble Fir from $48 and it really didn't seem too expensive to 'buy' into a fresh start.

That was, of course, last week. Today, they were OUT of trees, except for 2 Nordman Firs, which is a bit more costly for the same height - What devastated me was the fact that, I obviously wasn't the only person who wanted a Fresh Tree for a Fresh Start - they told me another container will be arriving soon, without committing on a date - so I decided to get one, there and then....why leave my Fresh Start to chance?

But that is just the start of my problem. Never mind that I needed to get a base and had to read a brochure on 'care of live trees' - I had to move the furniture because 'he' had a wide base, as you can see. And the recommended type of lights are LED, because the bulbs don't get hot - and what do you know...I have just one set of LED - so OUT I went to get another, only to come home and find out, that with 2 sets of 88 LED lights, only 2/3 of the tree was covered as can be seen in the picture. Unbelievable.

I have not done the ornaments yet, because I need this tree to sit right i.e. he must be in the correct part of the living room - which I'm not convinced he is yet. But the fragrance of the fir, is divine....I have always wanted a fresh tree, all my life, but never actually got around to it, because I will always become all practical, telling me that I'll have to sweep up the dead pine leaves and it's expensive because it's for one time use only.

So, I suppose that's why the saying goes - no pain no gain and that if something is good, it's never easily obtained - which should translate to mean, I will be getting a really good fresh start...right?

No comments: