About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 31, 2007

Freedom


For 3 days, I broke away from my regimented life - it was vacation time.

Except for the kiddies I left at home, I was contented to just spend my days walking the streets in the humidity of Bangkok. It didn't matter if my idea of shopping was different from most of my colleagues, because I was never a groupie - I would always do my own thing - that is the idea of getting away from it all!

This trip, I decided to venture out into the back lanes - literally - to find the authentic Tom Yam Soup....I have had enough of wannabes from here right up to Cherating! I found it on my first night there - in the light drizzle of the evening.....paid 300 baht for it...but it was worth it...too many fresh prawns and the soup was light and tasty....not overpowering with the taste of lemon grass....In BKK, 300 baht was almost 4-star hotel pricing - but what the hell - it came in a claypot on a flame....

This is freedom - choice of paying the same price for the same dish but one could be eaten in air-conditioned comfort whilst the other meant, sitting on a stool, at some side lane - with the rain puddles and traffic fumes all adding to the ambience....

That single dish summed up my vacation - like this picture -

What you see are clouds, yet, no two are the same -

No comments: