About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 07, 2009

being the bigger person

Thankfully, I have been busy this week and so, there was no opportunity to continue dwelling on my gf. Frankly, this matter should not warrant so much of attention that it distracts me from what is really important - my research and my work. She did call me this morning, not to apologise though.

There are friends, friends who rather pride themselves on being straightforward instead of getting real and telling themselves that they are tactless and rude. No matter what happens, there will be friends who have a justification for anything said or done because they are certain that they are perfect. Only perfect people do not make mistakes but because we are human, we are prone to errors in thought, speech and behaviour thus rendering us humans as imperfect beings, which is why we educate ourselves through school, read widely and pay attention to details, whatever it may be. And even if we were on our death bed, we would not and could not have perfected living.

Each time, a pinch of regret tugs, it's something we wish we hadn't done.
And we could say, we live our life without regrets, but that only means, we have accepted our decisions, good or bad and we are facing the consequences and all. It does not mean we did not think about whatever that we could have done different.

There is this saying that it takes a big man to apologise and a bigger one to accept it.
Well, there is some truth in that, because had she apologised today, I would have brushed it off, preferring not say, I forgive you. If i brushed it off, it would mean that I am not ready to talk about it so your apology is not accepted.

I am not the bigger person, i have never been, when it concerned an apology after someone was sarcastic, vindictive or deliberately hurtful.
To me, if it fell into those categories, apologies do not and will not change the underlying intent which to me is most important in any situation.


No comments: