About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 08, 2009

modern vs conservative

I had lunch with my gf today and she told me the sweetest thing...her kids like me very much - it's the sweetest thing because they have seen me all but twice in between work conversations. Their mom asked them why they did, given that they didn't have much quality time with me, and they told her, they thought I was modern...whatever that meant....it's a joke really, since their mom, certainly doesn't think I am!

I suppose i'm open-minded - but I would say that with caution, since I have boundaries to what constitutes being open-minded and what is just pure unacceptable. Which is why their mom, was shocked and had to tell me, so that she can make fun of the real situation....

It's not that bad to be open-minded as long as we do not forget that there is a fine line between what is open and what is rude.
For example, having an opinion is fine, but talking back is not.

Well, she did have a fine time cracking up, telling me that she wished she could tell her kids how conservative I really am - which wasn't funny to me, since I don't think i'm conservative at all.
She's leaving for a short-trip tomorrow morning - so she thought to meet up - it's been a long time since i had a girl lunch session and i enjoyed it - it was easy and there was no need to compete for anything....she had her stuff, i had mine.

Most people would prefer to say they are modern and not conservative. or am i wrong?

No comments: