About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 29, 2009

Last resort

I think I know where I am stuck. I haven't been away for too long and the idea of being confined and contained is causing me to loose patience with everything.
People go for vacations for different reasons - I hop outstation to step aside from the nitty-gritty with the hope that when I return, I would be refreshed. I usually am, just from breathing foreign air. I don't require much except for a change of scene.

I was looking forward to my sydney conference, but that's too far away and it's not comforting me at all, since I could be loaded with fresh work by then. So I'm dreaming of a short trip - to my favourite destination - but because the school holidays are around the corner and some students are already off school, i'm not convinced. The one thing I do not do, is travel during the school holidays - simply because the flights will be noisy and so will the hotel lobbies.

I need to find a short-term relief for this state and frankly, Sentosa is beginning to look nice. I am not a beach bum, but I will go there, if that's the very last resort for peace of mind - although it won't stop my phone from ringing, it will at least give me some time away from people.
At the moment, my state of mind doesn't call for drastic measures yet - so my swim wear is still safe in the drawer. Strange, how a local beach resort is my last resort. I suppose it's almost like being away without the need of a passport.

No comments: