About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 01, 2007

Forget the Peace and get it right


I had a traumatic sleep. I was plagued with dreams of non-blood relatives, whom I detest. I feel that, when people make decisions to raise children, they should teach them the very basic - MANNERS.

When parents fail to do that, their kids grow up and do not know when to APOLOGISE, nor do they know the gravity of NOT realising their mistake. As a cut and dry person, I do not take into consideration, age, race or culture. What is wrong is wrong - If you cut into another drivers lane, for whatever reason, you're wrong. As a driver, you raise your hand to apologise. When you do that, and don't see why you're wrong, then something really screwed up in your life - believe me, it's not the world.

As a child, if you take something from your friend's pencil case, and forget to return, you should be disciplined - because never ever take anything that doesn't belong to you without permission. BUT if we make excuses for the child at that point in time, they will grow up stealing big time.

When a person is really great at 'pulling a long face' - do we let them off? Nope, not me. When we do that, we allow the other person to get away, yet one more time, we are reinforcing their negative behaviour.

When in a delicate relationship, what do we do? Do we correct that behaviour and ruin the peace, or do we turn a blind eye and keep the peace?

For most people who are insecure, they will prefer the latter.

I could never keep the peace - because nothing is ever worth more than the very basic principles that I honour and keep. That makes me able to sleep well, and it helps me in being honest with people I deal with. After all, why laugh if it's not funny?

The world is laden with people who think the rest of the world owes them and that they are better so, they are spared the embarassment of having to ever apologise. I think it's high time they woke up from their dream.

No comments: