About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 16, 2007

What money cannot buy...

I have a friend who used to tell me : "Money can't buy you love, but it can still buy you a whole lot of other things". True.
In the business of my work, I meet many kinds of characters - the good, the bad and the ugly. It's not always proportionate either - because I tend to attract the bad and the ugly more than the good. So, when I get a 'loaded' bad/ugly person, I remind myself that they cannot afford me or my time. It's important to do that, because sometimes, such people forget that there are other things more valuable than their having lots of cash - our integrity, for a start.
Take the case of a rich lady, who keeps repeating, and praising herself - it's tiresome. Once, I will let it go, twice, I will change the subject, any more and I'll correct the statement. My time is mine and not for anyone to dictate or take control over - it's amazing how presumptous these people can be. She baits people - like in fishing, only she doesn't use a fishing rod or reel and it's not fish she's trying to hook - it's attention and people's time, my time!
So, I think she needs a lesson in what money can buy and what it cannot.
There may be people who are able to tolerate this repetition and self-praise with dreams of getting a foot into the bank- but for me, I'm not high on compromise and I shall just do a shut down - I won't bother to reboot - because I was never into banks anyways -

No comments: