About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 27, 2007

these days and those days

Peaceful days are always welcome - although the past week has been punctuated with my phone ringing almost continuously - I have had a relatively quiet day. Being a Sunday, it didn't come automatically to me, so it's only obvious why it was a welcome relief.
I wonder sometimes, how the world would be without handphones. I remember the late 80s when I started work - there were no cellphones, just pagers. Then shortly after that, the bulky handphones were introduced. I remember my first handphone, an OKI. I knew some people who were using the bulky Motorola 'brick'! These days, my mobile could be slipped into the back of my jeans - those days, I had to put the phone into my bag, with the antennae sticking out! Those days, my handbag was a wee bit larger than what I carry these days.
Those were the days.
I wonder what happened to OKI. Motorola is still around - very much so -
Without cellphones, I think I would have more peaceful days - people would learn how to better plan their schedules, since nothing could be arranged at the last minute....and perhaps we'd all spend more time talking face to face, then having the telco be the middle party all the time.
Those days will never come back -
We could just re-live them by thinking back and appreciating to some extent the simplier life.

1 comment:

KATRINE said...

Thank you....keep reading!