About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 14, 2007

The idea of "NEW"

The thing about shifting/moving, is the clearing of clutter - there seem no end to clutter and me. I could spend my weekend clearing out paperwork that has become unimportant, documents which are archived and dust - yet will always find more, the next time I take a trash bag to fill up.
This brought me to wonder, how on earth, people gather so much of 'rubbish' time after time. We know that we should not accumulate rubbish, yet we do - whether consciously or not. My colleagues and I spent the entire morning, just unpacking and organising space at our new workstation. Parking in the business district is very expensive, and so are our table spaces - because we lost our shelving unit with this new configuration. The space below my table has now been converted into my 'filing cabinet'.
It seems to me that, it's my destiny, to be seated at this new place, because a year ago, I was seated right here, when I was on T-loan to another dept. Now, I'm back here again, at the exact same spot - minus the shelving unit.
As with all new things, we look forward to better whatever - If we got new shoes, we hope to have happier feet - if we got a new car, we hope that the car would give us a trouble-free drive - if we got a new apartment, we hope for happiness and laughter - if we got a new cellphone, we hope that it will not fail us - if we got a new bed, we hope for a more comfortable sleep, now that we got a new desk space, we hope for more months to be in the black.

No comments: