About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 03, 2008

The Dishwasher

Trouble with having a busy week is, the weekend tends to just be lazy. I spent my weekend watching TV, cleaning up the house, re-organising the cabinets and basically re-locating my kitchen moveables. Reason: The Dishwasher.
I wonder who invented the dishwasher - should google that.
For a person who is born with super sensitive skin wrt to detergents and soaps, this gadget is the best invention of all times. I don't mind doing dishes, but after a day or so, my skin will break out - soap allergy. Gloves don't help at all, because I'm allergic to that too - so the only way I can use those waterproof ones are to first use cotton gloves. When washing dishes, it's not the best way because you don't really know if the plate is squeaky clean with gloves on.
So, after many years of suffering, I have decided that The Dishwasher will be the solution for me. All I need now, is to convert all my dinnerware to dishwasher safe types - which I will gladly do - another excuse to go shopping.
I know that when I got a dryer, I had some people tell me that it's a power guzzler. Now I hear that The Dishwasher is a water guzzler - oh well - it's either that or I'll be spending my mullah in the clinic to fix my cracked fingers, which incidently, needs to be in almost pristine condition, to teach piano. I have tried teaching with cracked skin on my fingers and it does hurt - never mind that it takes forever to heal - since the fingers aren't a part of the body which you can always keep dry and away from soaps. Once this starts, then it will affect my body wash, facial wash, make-up, make-up remover and shampoo - so really, guzzler or not, The Dishwasher is here to make my life not a living hell.
For people like me, it's a small price to pay for painless days - when the skin breaks, it hurts and I really don't wish to be in that situation. I have been using a dishwashing brush, like a ladle, but it's not working, because the detergent will trickly down the handle and there will be some contact with the soap.
We sometimes have to decide which is more logical - and practical - what's least expensive is not always the best long-term solution.

No comments: