About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 07, 2008

mullah chasing person

There are times when we wonder, whether we are better off doing something else - the other side of the grass is always greener syndrome.
For me, the something else can never stray far away from charging a fee for something - I have tried, but the mullah from this trade is always enticing.
I have never been in a job where I had to sit from 9 - 5 and stayed on that job for more than a year. That's just experience talking.
Sure, in my younger years, I did temp work and even picked up calls during school hols.

But chasing for mullah the service/consult way is literally chasing. We have to always be client-oriented and politically n politely correct without being offensive - so that we get to do our job with the least amount of glitches.

I have taught for a good many years and although the job is satisfying, it doesn't create an arena for me to take on challenges - the only challenge I ever had teaching was to fill up the record book on time for the principal to sign.

Therefore, I am concluding that some people like me are just suited to do chasing work. It's energy sapping, but we tend to stay on longer - no necessarily with the same organisation, but stay longer to at least become a better wheeling and dealing machinery.

Of course, with time and age, it gets to you - and we want to opt for something more sedentary. Usually it'll be for a short stint because if a person is a driver he will not be content to be just the passenger thereafter - because you cannot take control of where you want to go, since you're not really generating income for the organisation.

So, although people say, it doesn't matter who generates the income in the company - believe me, it does matter, because the organisation is as successful as the income it generates, nothing else.

No comments: