About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 10, 2008

Let the games begin

Having been through one divorce and had the fortune to walk others through theirs, I know how messy divorces can be. When I set out to do this, I thought that it will be straightforward.
Well, trouble now is, there are others around us that sometimes think they know more and will try to interfere thinking they are attempting a last ditch to save the marriage without realising the damage they are causing to the divorce process.
In my current situation, it was agreed that a sum will be paid for the upkeep of the boy until he's 21 - I didn't think I needed alimony, since I'm not the type to live off people - although that's probably my right. But just watching what's going on, is making me change my mind about a lot of things, namely, being too kind.
He has friends, who know me too, but who obviously is helping him by giving him poor advice about how to deal with me. They have since told him not to do this, not to do that, without realising that I'm reading into all this too quickly.
See, things like this, get my monkey up. People who are not in this equation should just stay out of it. They will only make things difficult for him, because I can be extremely nasty when I choose to be. I told him the other day that I will not be officially requesting for any maintenance or alimony - because I don't want him to be pressured - but since his friend is now getting involved in this equation, I will teach them a good lesson - for the hell of it.
I can have sympathy and I can be very compassionate, but when push comes to shove, I will not only nip it at the bud, I will make sure it doesn't even try to bloom again. So I have decided to officially take what's my right and make them pay for being uninvited to this settlement.
Advice to everyone - if you're not doing anyone any good, don't bother to give advice that's half-baked - no advice is always better than wrong advice -
In my case, this attempt to salvage the marriage by a third party I do not respect, because he has another family residing secretly outside singapore, is doing his friend more damage than he can begin to imagine.

No comments: