About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 21, 2008

Never ending stairway of FEES

I was flipping my uni's website to check out the fees for after I finish this compulsory year, just in case I fail miserably in getting straight A's and have to pay my way up the licensing board.

I know that tertiary education is expensive, but try reaching higher up and you'll see that it costs more than what my previous company was paying me a year without bonuses and commissions! How on earth do people get there then if their GPA scores are embarassing?
It's not that I have such tendencies but then, what if something goes wrong? Where does that leave OPTIONS?

Perhaps that's why when people do their PhD, they are greying. Probably collected their CPF. And when they get their PhD, their bp is probably too high and they will collapse and never recover from their shock of achievement; leaving their family very much with nothing except that piece of paper....

This is really depressing.
It's either I get the next TOTO draw or I will have to work myself to the bone. Inflation isn't helping and frankly, the possibilities are looking bleak for self-payment.
Which leaves me to work towards a scholarship.
Which means, slogging now like a cow - and hope that I'll get back into academic writing real quick....I'm doing more work this semester than the last one, trying to repair how my transcripts are looking.

One assignment is due next week - so let's see if this is enough work. If it's not then I would need ALL THE GODS to be on my side for the next one because looking at this stairway is making me feel tired, even before I hit the middle rung!

No comments: