About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 22, 2008

Peer Pressure

I was watching my gf's teen struggling with her personal identity and giving in to peer pressure. I have always wondered why teens these days are not strong enough to stand up and be their own person.

I know there is this school of thought that says - both parents are working and kids are left very much to their own devices - which is only partly true. Traditionally before, mothers stayed home, but it did not mean that they all raised kids with no issues. We still had delinquents albeit in a different area.

I have addressed issues like nose/lip piercings - tatoos - language.
My argument is rather simple.

If nose piercings were the way to go, GOD would have made us all bulls.
If tatoos were the way to go, GOD would have made us pigs or sheep.

Are children these days so desperate for membership that they would break house rules just to belong to another house? Is this the equivalent of a country club membership at their level?

If the country club has it's club house at the void deck and they still want that membership, then what is the message?

I need to think about this and post it another day.

No comments: