About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 17, 2008

Santa

It's the last weekend before christmas and I'm not even in the mood. Sure, I have been shopping which isn't uncommon for me but not christmas shopping, just shopping - updating stuff. Work has been too much this week - my mobile phone battery just about makes it to 5pm when on regular days it's not even half empty.

I finally got my son his gift this year - tough call, since he's got just about everything he wants. Because I'm not a person who celebrates any festival, he gets stuff all year round and christmas is just not the same anymore, now that Santa doesn't visit the home - he's 15, a bit too old for Santa's toyshop stuff. But the wonderful thing about him is, he will still leave out milk and cookies for Santa, something he's done for so many years - his friends are laughing but well to each his own, because perhaps they never experienced Santa in their lives - my son has and there is this little part of him that believes.

I have come a long way, worked my way just to get to this manageable state and Santa has been kind to me when my son was a toddler. Everything my son wished for, it made it's way under the tree - miraculously - because I wasn't even having a regular income and toys were not cheap. For so many years, my son always had his stockings full and wishes granted - at least if not the first wish, one of the three - contingencies are good.

So, although commercially, we know Santa to be wearing a red suit, bearded and rotound, in 'reality' Santa could actually be an energy which surrounds us all the time, listens to us and grants us our wishes. Too many Christmases have gone by when Santa didn't let me down - and for that, I'm grateful that we have stories, we have experiences and which we translate into hope that perhaps the little things we do for others, return to us in different ways - and for me, it's always been christmas when Santa puts his surprise under the tree for my little boy (who isn't so little now) - why else do you think he is confused about this....because he's experienced it himself.

No comments: