About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 04, 2008

strange comfort

I had a dream of my best friend who passed away too many years ago. I haven't dreamt of her in years, simply because I thought she had 'crossed over'. It was really strange - in the dream, we were having a meal and a conversation about my personal life. I cannot believe that it was this real.
Although I have good friends, I don't have a best friend like her - one I was actually hanging out with daily...perhaps when in school it was easier to hang out, but still, we were too close.

I'm obviously stressed out - have been like this for months now, but perhaps she felt that I needed to hear it from her. Perhaps I'm actually burning the candle at both ends and in the middle as well. Perhaps, I'm so freakking depressed that it's killing me slowly.
Sure, I'm functional, there won't be a time I am not because my responsibility overrides everything else. I have moments when I'm not functional, like after a day's work and I just feel like vegging out and cannot sleep.

I never got to tell her things I wanted to tell her or worse still, she had something to tell me, which she never got around to, because I was too busy to meet with her.

so perhaps she's comforting me in some way - as a scientist, this sounds stupid, but as a person who does believe in the existence of spirits (for whatever reason), it's strange.

She told me to hang in there and i'll get the comfort that I need.
it's something to think about - because comfort is so foreign to me these days that everyone is getting chewed up - of course there is a valid reason to begin with, but perhaps that's one way of venting.

Perhaps she knew I was lonely and upset and that this cannot go on and that if there is anyone I would take advice from, it would be her.
Whatever the subconscious reason I may have to have her spirit manifest in my interrupted sleep, got me thinking that perhaps, just perhaps, she has been with me all this time, but just wanted me to go on with people who are alive.

No comments: