About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 19, 2008

Retail Therapy

I have been having long weeks, drama after drama and finally, after a harassing day with anxious owners and their newly acquired apartment, I decided to engage myself in retail therapy. it's called Therapy, because supposedly we feel better after each session - better but definately poorer, especially when we are discussing me. Retail therapy for me runs into the hundreds of dollars, simply because I am not a quantity person, but quality - has been and will always be that way.

Some people spend hundreds on spa therapy - but for me that's expenditure I don't enjoy - partly because I'm not a tactile person - hate people who bump into me or even touch me when in conversation - i'm rather guarded about my personal space. Strange for a female but I couldn't imagine myself any other way.

I know some others who do not have the budget for spas, so they do simple massage or just foot reflex - which is an In-thing these days - but again, it would involve a stranger all over me - too personal for my comfort level - it's not being old-fashioned, it's about hygiene too - i'm a clean freak - so contact with strangers I will minimise aside from the customary handshake.

Sometimes I do wish I could enjoy spas or a massage which everyone else is indulging in, but it's not me and I do not know how to be anyone else except me.

so it's always back to basics for me.
high maintenance, but nothing complicated.
I could do therapy by conversation alone selectively - which is less expensive but it's not an impulse thing, since the people who qualify are far and very few. I would spare my ears the agony of a terrible conversation! Since even that is too difficult to manage, retail it is - no scheduling required.

No comments: