About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 10, 2007

Destination

It never dawned on me, how miles and miles of looking at cluster housing was tiring. I set off today, eager and excited to locate a huge development for my client across the causeway....when I was halfway there, I almost gave up, because of the heat, a bitumin-laden road, cutting across forestry with no idea of where my destination is. I think that's what that KILLS, the ignorance of just how long more....
See, when we say, we drive to KL, we somehow mentally prepare ourselves for a 3hour drive, and as we get near KL, we find the energy to recharge our batteries. BUT travelling this morning was a chore.
The banners did not help much, since each precinct had a different name, and they do not lay directional signs like over here.......it's just too vast an area!
My point is : we need to know where our end point is. Some may call it ambition, others call it a dream. Whatever it is called, it gives us direction and keeps us on track. I didn't get lost this morning, since I have a very good sense of direction, but the not-knowing how far more, tired me out...and in that state, I still had to focus on the task at hand i.e. survey. I was on track, but it was labourious simply because I didn't know how long it will take and when the job will be done.
It's not that we cannot live our life without some plan. It's just not the ideal thing to do.

No comments: