About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 04, 2007

Long weekends & holidays

I finally managed to get reservations for dinner after trying for 3 weekends. I think I found the trick - pick a long weekend, when most people are outstation! I was supposed to travel this weekend too, but decided to stay home and keep house.
The last time I dined there was like 3 months ago? Jeez, that's long, considering, I joined the club for inexpensive, gourmet dining. Not to mention, that I have not even dipped a toe into their pool. Perhaps I'll finally have the opportunity to do that this weekend after chores.
I used to be able to finish a book in a week - but after almost 2 years of working weekends, it took me some 6 vacations, 2 work trips to complete a paperback. That is so sad.
When on vacation, I got distracted shopping - and when on a work trip - I just wanted to get the task completed - it's an embarassment.
Next problem - now that I have finished the book, I need to pick up another - which brings me to another hurdle - there are no bookshops that I know of, within walking distance of my office - therefore, I'm not on vacation and I do not have a book in hand.
Moral of the Story - curling up with a good book and a cuppa is an illusion for me.

2 comments:

UptownGal said...

there is!!! OUB centre just opp. us!! San bookshop or sth. check the 2nd or 3rd floor!

KATRINE said...

ok will sashay my way there...heh