About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 23, 2007

Vacation Destination

How does one plan for a short vacation? You would assume that most would plan to get away from this tropical heat, and head for cooler pastures. Yes and No.
For a non-beach person like me, I'm most at home in any city. Never mind the traffic, fumes and crowd. I am a stickler for convenience and browsing is my preferred activity besides reading a good book, when I'm on a break.
BUT heading to a beach resort is apparently quite a chenge for me...I mean, I get to go in shorts and flip-flops, hair in a peg and be disorganised for a bit. BUT the heat...the sun is always warmer on the beach, on a sunny day. Although I love the sound of waves lapping up the shore, I am not a beach person at all. The sand would be all over my feet and I wouldn't have much to entertain me except beach, and more beach.
I am so wanting to just head south this July, to get a breath of winter. Never mind if there isn't much to do, because I'm on vacation, and I do not wish to engage myself in anything planned. Then, there is the internet access. One wonders, why this necessity if we are on vacation. Well, it's a vacation, not a retreat.
So, while I have decided which airline to fly, I haven't decided on where to stay.
Perhaps, when planning a vacation, we should take lessons from backpackers. Just fly out, land and decide. After all, we're not visiting a third world country....and English is the spoken language.
I don't know if everyone is strange like me - I research, plan and research more....I guess, it's not just being a potato on vacation, it's making sure that on that first trip there, I need to know that I got the info together, and I'm ready to just walk the streets without getting lost.

No comments: