About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 09, 2007

The last laugh

After 2 weeks of lardiness, if there is such a word, I am having the last laugh. I uncovered schemes, lies, deceit and desperation and through it all, I just gave more rope. Most must have thought I was silly to be so principled. Well, for those who didn't understand and still don't, will never. That is because they never were this expensive to maintain in the first place.
Money can buy us a lot, but if that included our principles, then we might as well sell ourselves to the devil.
Right now, we have this talk going on about paying politicians top dollar, to retain good people and make sure they remain honest. Well, I agree about retaining good people, but as for honesty, I think it cannot be bought. The not too recent NKF saga was proof enough. The man paid himself too much, lived a life of luxury with 'public money' yet came up with more dishonest schemes. The average man, could not live half that high life. What happened? Greed got the better of him.
So, if you never had expensive principles to begin with, you could never understand this paradox. What is my job, and monthly salary, if my principles could be altered with a few thousand bucks? My job then becomes a joke and myself, a drowning, pathetic low life - who is no better than sludge.
I think the idea of being scum is so distasteful to me that I'd rather seem 'poor' than try to scrub all that goo off me with an expensive bar of soap!
My hands are not dirty, yet I'm having the last laugh - because lard is essentially unhealthy, and will always remain so - and that with the Polar Caps melting, even animals will have no use for them!

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

i just watched Sin City recently... according to the show.. soap is made from fats... lard = fats... hmm..

anyway, i'm off to ho chi minh for a co. trip tdy - Mon! we need to catch up when i'm bk! ;)