About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 17, 2007

Travel

For a person who detests travelling and living out of a suitcase, albeit for a few days, most would say that I travel quite a bit. For me, it's a quarterly thing - it doesn't matter where. Going outstation is my way of getting some peace and quiet. It's my way of telling myself that I may place the cellphone in the safe and forget about it for a couple of days - with no guilt.
I have arrived at yet another junction, where I have to decide where to go for my break. Most people cannot begin to understand how I could even plan a 3-day vacation, to a destination further than Bangkok without batting an eyelid.
I guess, for me, it's simply having a change of scene. It's not the sightseeing or shopping - National Geographic does the trick for me, and seriously, with highly developed lenses, pictures are usually as good as the real stuff. Shopping is not a draw for me either - because if I want something badly, I'll just pay for it - no imitations, no good fakes - I don't even buy $4 shoes from Hatyai - because it's not me - I'd rather pay $80 for a decent pair of work shoes that keeps my feet comfortable.
So travelling for me means, really taking a break - getting away from the air here and just having a change of scene - to refresh my eyes -
It doesn't do anything more except to give me something to work for - cost of the air-ticket - and a time to just be away from everyone. Selfish, nope, just the need to be in a different place for a little bit.

No comments: