About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 25, 2007

So much Time?

When planning for a vacation which will include a gamer who is also a teenager, it's tough. Only people who are a parent to such teenagers can and will appreciate the trouble it entails. It's not about finding airlines who have a good deal, but also hotels with broadband internet access.
I have been plagued by this glitch for weeks.
There are people who backpack, those who stay at B & B's, those who travel very light, those who do not need breakfast or room service and those who are able to stomach 4 hours on a budget flight! I am not any of the above, because when on vacation, my son's comfort is priority. When he's bored, my vacation will be ruined.
Therefore, whenever I plan to take a trip with him, I spend weeks just making enquiries by phone, email and reading up on the location, etc. My son is not a shopper, therefore, when on vacation, I do not expect him to accompany me on my flea market walks! I will never leave him behind with just the TV in the room, or his Nintendo gadget without being assured that the hotel is secure. Therefore, we live in 5-star hotels - and it's mainly in these hotels that you will find broadband access in the rooms. That would keep him busy for a couple of hours and me, happily browsing the nearby street stalls. This is tough at some destinations, because the shopping street is not always near these hotels.
And as I'm filling any spare moment I have with this task, someone comments that I have so much time.
Actually, I don't have much time and I'm not that free. BUT that's the difference - I will squeeze in the time because my son's comfort is important enough for me - if it keeps me up at night, I will do it. I am annoyed, but then, why should I be, since the person who commented, couldn't plan a day's schedule to save his own life!

No comments: