About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 26, 2007

Disappointing as a Person

I think the worst thing that could happen to a person is when after half your life, you have nothing to show except that you're disappointing as a person.
We have 70 years before we permanently retire, and by the time we hit the mid-way marker, we should have some acceptable measure of skills. And when we are approaching the last quarter, our skills should be ripe for the picking.
Someone was complaining at being slapped with a fine for late submission of company accounts - my question was simple - examine how the situation came about then conclude if the fault is with the tax-collector or not.

What disgusts me are:
1) People who do not readily admit that they caused the error
2) People who sweep problems under the mat
3) People who speak without relevance
4) People who take others for granted
5) People who create a problem then expect others to fix it
6) People who think having power is the ultimate conclusion
7) People who never say Sorry or Thank you or Please

If you look at these 7 basics, you will see that either in great or lesser extent, we have that covered when we began our journey in life.
I think that's the subtle difference between a person who has evolved and another who thinks he has evolved only because he has added years to either his age or his experience.

It used to bother me but keeping in tandem with my goal, I have decided to let people think what they want to think, because it's not my life and it won't be my mistake, and it isn't my problem.
It isn't easy to get me behaving like this - because I believe in a greater good - but let's face it, I'm not giving free lessons.

No comments: