About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 16, 2007

What happens when work becomes a drag?

There are moments when work becomes a drag. It's not necessarily bad, because most times, we 'go with the flow' and loose track of the objective - so wake up calls are necessary.
Such wake up calls could either, get us back on track, or we could dwell on the situation without a solution indefinately.
The few key things to remember when caught in this mess is:
*Wake up in the morning, telling yourself, a permanent solution is not too far away
*Focus on creating pathways so that we may have other options
*Cross out dates on the calendar to comfort oneself that the days are passing by
I have this rule of thumb that says, opportunities come once BUT if you miss it, then it may never come by again.
If we are too focused on the task at hand, we may miss such opportunities - and end up a workhorse with not finish line. So being in a draggy situation isn't always bad. I thought it was bad, until I reset my objectives. That gave me a way out - sure, it wasn't instant gratification, but it got me out of a sloppy mood.
Therefore, bottom line is :
The situation has no solution, because we think it.
If we took off our rose-tinted lenses, we will see that whatever it is that's making us unhappy is steering us in the direction, where there will be more smiles for us.
Long shot? perhaps, but then most successful people didn't just get there on pure luck. For them, initial failure was just a postponed success.

No comments: