About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 15, 2007

Dinner and Shisha

I had dinner at my long time (over 15yrs) gf's place Saturday and it was there that I found a new toy - Shisha. Of course it was always good to have her cook a meal - it's been too long. For the past 15over years, I've been busy, she's been busy and we met at weddings and funerals, with little time to catch up. BUT at the last funeral wake, we decided to make it a point to spend time as life is short. AND so we did....
The first few meets were still rushed, as we had our own commitments but we managed to catch up in a rush - the first thing that struck us all was, the fact that all of us, are just older versions of ourselves from years ago - enjoying the same stuff, eating like gluts, having a good cup of coffee and laughing at all the silly things we encountered during this time apart. That's what friendship is about - that we could go our separate ways, and still come back together, the same, only older with more aches and pains.
After dinner, her daughter who is in her early 20s, brought out this really interesting looking contraption - a shisha.
Now, being unlike her, I have not patronised any kind of joint for sometime - whilst she, went on to go clubbing - at belly dancing joints too. I'm sure a lot of people know about this, but for me, it was new, very new. It was a water pipe thingie, which we could smoke, with fresh mint leaves without the tobacco smell of ciggies....and the best part of it all, it could be a conversational piece of furniture!
AND so, just when I thought I knew everything about smoking, a non-smoker just introduced me to shisha....My ignorance really caused everyone to just crack up because they've not seen me so confused at how this mechanism works and looks.
In any case, after shisha, I forgot about what a wonderful dinner she cooked up - but she was great, she packed lots for me to bring home - knowing very well that I missed her cooking.
I'm going to get myself one - because eventhough cleaning it would be troublesome, it would look great in on a table.

No comments: