About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 19, 2009

Ganesha


Probably the best I've done the past few days -this is Ganesha, mover of obstacles.
In Hinduism, Ganesha is respected very much, because he's powerful and compassionate. He is able to provide the much sought freedom from our ills.
From what I understand, Ganesha lost his head through no fault of his. At the base of his feet, is his friend, the mouse. No creature or being is too insignificant for Ganesha, which is why he chose the mouse to be his vehicle.
When I visit the temple at Keong Siak Street, especially in the mornings, there will be worshippers from all walks of life and different ethnic races. If anything, it's because having faith in Him has given many the respite they required it. I am not familiar with all customs in Hinduism, but as with all faiths, sincerity is most important of all. We do not have to speak the language or even know what's happening when the priests are chanting prayers - it's enough to just be there to receive His blessings and guidance.
I wasn't sure whether I should draw it, at first, but I figured, Ganesha wouldn't mind if it didn't come out right -
It's now hanging in my balcony and it actually looks pretty neat in a frame.

No comments: