About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 24, 2009

Irony of a Sunset

Instead of ploughing through my books, I spent yesterday afternoon working and the greater part of the late afternoon and the entire evening, at an Orientation for volunteers. It was supposed to be probably an hour thingie, but the organisation served light refreshments and so the briefing didn't start on time.

It started at the meeting point. We were waiting at different entrances. By the time we cleared security and walked into the secured premises, it was dark. With all the unexpected delays, we didn't finish until 9pm. After that, we definately needed coffee and supper, so we squeezed into 3 cars, and drove to the nearest point where there is some civilisation - changi village - I havent' been there in donkey years and well, didn't even have time to look around, because I was more focused on getting food down my oesophagus. There was no way I could use the public transportation system to get home, because it'll take too long and I needed to either get back early so that I can unwind before hitting the books OR unwind and leave things till tomorrow (today). I chose the latter.

So the irony of a sunset - this sunset reminded me that for us, who can always plan for tomorrow, we take for granted what we have. For those, whom I may counsel as a volunteer, it may be the last they ever see of the sun. And so, I stood outside there, wondering if I got things right in my life. One sunset, so many questions. I'm sure I'll be going back and forth to this question, if I do go through with this.

One day before my stats exam and I don't feel any better prepared.
I hope this setting sun, is not going to set fire to my paper tomorrow - I chose to attend a briefing, which isn't going to give me even a paid job 2 days before my exam. I hope it means something which isn't getting an F for stats.

No comments: