About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 17, 2009

personal expression


I actually drew this. Was bored, had some frames to put something in, and why not? I'm Miss Impatient and really prefer not to leave a frame empty if I come across it.
I read in the Feng Shui pages that we should not display pictures of solitary beings - lest we end up solitary.
Well, although I'm a solitary being, preferring my own company most times, it doesn't mean that I would go down that road and project it.
Although my art teacher told me to forget taking art as a subject for the GCE O-levels (which I did) it didn't seed a strong dislike for art - I accepted that comment as good advice - I would probably not be able to buy myself a bowl of noodles drawing.
The bottom line here is : trying and if that's the best you can do, it's achievement enough for you. Why bother if it's below standards, when art is supposed to be a personal expression, as with other hobbies or subject matter. As long as we feel good doing it, then just do it - this drawing isn't ever going to be in any museum, but it's my attempt to draw, after a long time and I'm sure we know the picture is that of a pair of birds. That's a start.

No comments: