About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 19, 2009

Here's Looking at you Kid!


And so, I purchased a box of 24 water soluble colour pencils - and no GSS made me do it...just me, wanting to work with sufficient tools.

As with all tasks, it's always more difficult when you start out with less than what you need to complete it, at least decently well.

To me, the purchase (it's less than 10 bucks) was not a waste of money, because it would bring me hours of solitude - as with most things I do, to de-stress, I have just found this to not only de-stress my mind, but also helps me build patience. Patience because I could never leave a drawing unfinished, unlike painting the wall, where I can and have, sectionalised a wall, to suit my time.

And so, why this drawing - again almost a pair - well, the huge fella is probably not a swan, he's built differently - possibly a stork of somesort - he's refined in his own way, and there in his midst, is a swan, solidly coloured in the most boring shade of white, yet graceful and attractive, probably doesn't even look stumpy, as they do, when they are on land.

So, we are all built differently, but we are each beautiful - if we only took the time, to really look around us, we will find that beauty surrounds us all the time, it's whether we notice it or not.

No comments: