About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 03, 2009

tool boxes

The hammer was taken out of the tool box today and I began hammering away at my research paper. Every household and person, should and must have a TOOL BOX. It's almost like a first-aid kit, it's detrimental when you do not have it.

In the tool box, we find useful tools, like screw-driver, nails, hammer, drill and it's bits, tape for wire and tap, pliers and whatever else that we need to keep the house in order. As a student, we need a similar box, but one filled with all the research papers, those we know we need and those we aren't quite sure yet. We also need additional moral and staying power so that we can plug those into our brain socket to get things done.

Time, is one thing that we all need to have stored, but in reality, time is never something that we have been allowed to keep, so in the absence of that (being in my tool box), I made time i.e. cut back on tv and sleep.

I managed another 3 pages of work. It's not as difficult as when I first put it together, because now I have a guideline on where the expansion should happen. It's not done yet, but I still have until Friday, before it goes out again for comments. I have promised my Prof that I will call him this monday, come hell or high water. I wish I had this auto-function tool box that can fix the paper for me, but although our society has gone high-tech., we are still lagging behind in the handyman department - no academic robots to help, since research must be a fresh perspective into a topic and robots are programme according to what we already know, which means, no other work is probably necessary then.

I'm glad that in the few hardworking moments of my life, I have always taken that few seconds to keep my tool-box organised - in the corporate world, we call that housekeeping. In psychology, we call that tidying our mental cupboards, in Feng Shui, we say, clearing out the clutter. Whichever the terminology, it means the same thing, the tool box should contain tools that work, because if it were to contain things that don't work, then it's no longer a tool-box, but a wastepaper basket.

No comments: